cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

jj5155
Apprentice

I have a pixma MG5320 printer and I have tried all the different scanning software options stated previously for MP Navigator.  None of them have worked.  All I get is folder with a read me text, I do not get any upgrades, even going down to Maverick.  I am able to scan directly from the printer using a USB memory stick which is cumbersome but is the only work around I have figured out.  Does anyone have any idea about my model printer.  Thank you.  

I also tried some of the suggestions in this thread. I have a Pixma MG5350 and suffered the same issues, until I got a fix that worked for me.

I have two iMacs, both running High Sierra 10.13.2, but got different symptoms on each machine, when trying to open MP Navigator. When searching for MP Navigator 3.1.5, I installed this TWAIN driver (more in desperation than hope):

http://support-th.canon-asia.com/contents/TH/EN/0100432802.html

This didn't work with MP 3.1.5, so I re-installed MP 5.0.4, and MP Navigator finally opened up, but I still had trouble finding the device.

I tried deleting and re-installing the printer/scanner in System Preferences (don't select the default, search for a new printer) - on my old iMac the printer options were "Bonjour Multifunction" or "Canon IJ Net" - I selected the latter which worked. (I've had issues with Bonjour before). On my other, newer iMac "Bonjour Multifunction" worked.

A lot of trial and error, but hopefully this may be able to help someone else!

studawg66
Contributor
I have seen those Readme files you are talking about and if you look up at the top of the folder you will see the application file. I missed it a few times myself, but then noticed it up there in the top center of that window. Hope that works for ya.

cscheske
Apprentice

I installed High Sierra and the scanning function of MP Navigator no longer works on my Canon MX420 printer.  Are there any driver downloads or patches that I can access to fix this?

Thanks.

There are 12 pages of discussion, many giving work arounds for your problem. I got my MC 870 to work by installing MP NAv 3.1.5. Read the many pages before your post for directions on how to find this and load it.

Canon still hasn't fixed the problem and seems to not care. Don't buy Canon until they get the message that support counts.

I read all the 12 pages and tried some of the work arounds but they did not work for my .MX420. Thanks for trying, Canon certainly hasn’t,

mikecfl
Apprentice

Disappointing Canon.  Ill remember this the next time I need to purchase an electronic device.

MP560 with mac high sierra.  

I managed to get my MP990 fully functional with High Sierra.

The trick was to install the MP Navigatro 3.1.5 version mentioned earlier and rename it in the program folder from "3.1" to "3.0".

After that initiating the scan from the printer worked again as before.

IMHO Canon uses a simple mapping from the printer model (i.e. MP990 in my case) to the MP Navigator Release number (here 3.0). So maybe this works for other printer models as well.

loevaasbakken
Apprentice

MG8150 doesn't function with High Sierra

Yatcia
Apprentice

Since the las update of my Macbool Pro to High Sierra 10.13.2 I have not been able to scan.  Any suggestions to fix the problem. Need it URGENT.

Announcements