cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator and High Sierra

Mike12
Contributor

After installing macOS 10.13.1 (High Sierra) MP Navigator EX 4.0 has ceased to work.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks, Mark.  In the elegance stakes, that solution scores zero, I'm afraid!  Fortunately, by updating MP Navigator to v4.0.5 and reinstalling the IJ Network Tool in its latest version, all problems with my MG 6150 have been overcome.  Took me a couple of hours to sort that out and I would have hoped for an auto-update from Canon, to be honest, but the job's done, thankfully.  Hopefully this might help other sufferers.

View solution in original post

243 REPLIES 243

Use Apple's "Image Capture"; it actually works faster than Navigator. I keep it in the dock and just open it to scan.

tried opening image capture, but it doesn't show my scanner as installed 😞

ivanchaperot
Apprentice
I have also this problem. My printer/scanner is a Pixma MX882. It is no longer possible to scan from the panel of the printer/scanner. The driver doesn't save the files in sub-folders. This is really annoying.

minijgmama
Apprentice
Ugh, MX 870 here. VERY frustrated to lose wireless scanning 😞

Hi minijgmama                     

At this time Canon has not released Mac OSX 10.13 drivers for the MX 870 .  All updated Drivers will be posted to Canon website at www.usa.canon.com as soon as they become available. Currently, we do not have any information as to when or if these drivers will be available.  Please continue to check Canon's website for updates.

You are eligible for the Canon Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a new or refurbished product that uses Canon’s newest technologies, including such features as built-in WiFi, Airprint and Cloud Print, carries a one year limited manufacturer’s warranty, and to help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free ground shipping.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with email technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hello James_C (Product Expert)

I know your response was not to me, but to minijgmama.

However, how on earth could a hardware purchase (!!!) fix a software issue??? 

There is a SOFTWARE UPDATE that is needed. 

And to be honest, I find it extremely shocking that a brand like Canon could disregard the environment so much that the only solution to their sofware underperformance is to toss away hardware!

This is totally insane!

Ivan

James_C

Hi Mike12                     

Your post has reached support for the Canon USA community. Since this product MG8150 is neither sold nor supported in the USA, we do not have the resources or references to provide the information you have requested. For information and troubleshooting assistance, please visit http://www.canon.com and look for the support site closest to you geographically.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

SuzanneCordier
Apprentice

Running High Sierra 10.13.1 on MacBook Pro (mid2014). Canon MG 5200. u.s.a.

Navigator EX 4.0 crashes on open. When will there be a fix? Problem first reported to Canon in this thread almost a month ago already? I need to scan some documents, dammit.

On 11/19/17, alvaromartinez posted the following:

I had the same issue with Pixma MG8150 after upgrade to High Sierra. Just installed MP Navigator EX ver. 4.0.5 and it's resolved. Unexpectedly I have found it at Asia Support Wesite. Why  Canon is not popsting this software on all Canon support sites? I'm from Spain...

http://support-hk.canon-asia.com/contents/HK/EN/0200328115.html

Give it a shot. It worked for my MG8120.

Hello.

To determine if your product is compatible with the High Sierra operating system, please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Announcements