04-30-2014 10:33 AM - edited 04-30-2014 10:36 AM
10-15-2014 04:18 AM - edited 10-15-2014 04:19 AM
If you have any antivirus or firewall programs on your computer, please temporarily disable them and then try to launch MP Navigator again. Sometimes these programs can block the scanning process of the printer. If you still have difficulty opening MP Navigator, we can remove a file/icon on your computer named "My Websites on MSN" to see if this will resolve the issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Click 'Start' and then 'Computer'.
2. On the left-hand pane, click the down arrow beside Local Disk C:
3. Click the down arrow beside Users to open the folder.
4. Click the down arrow beside your username (for example Joe).
5. Click the down arrow beside the AppData (Application Data) folder.
6. Click the down arrow beside Roaming.
7. Click the down arrow beside Microsoft.
8. Click the down arrow beside the Windows folder.
9. Click the down arrow beside Network Shortcuts folder.
10. Locate an icon named My Web Sites on MSN.
11. Right-click on My Web Sites on MSN and select 'Delete'.
After performing this process, attempt to scan. If you still receive the same error after removing the file, or if the file does not exist, we can try to temporarily remove files from a folder called TWAIN 32 that may be causing a conflict with the MP Navigator program to try and resolve the issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Go to Computer / My Computer and locate the C: drive, then double-click on it to open.
2. Locate the WINDOWS folder, then double-click to open it.
3. Locate the TWAIN_32 folder, then double-click to open it.
4. Inside of the TWAIN_32 folder, you will see a folder for your printer as well as a WIATWAIN.DS file. If there are other files in that folder, you will want to move them to another location, preferably your Desktop by doing the following:
4-1. Click on each of the other items in the folder other than the the WIATWAIN.DS file and PIXMA MX860 folder to select them. You will want to hold the the CTRL key on your keyboard while selecting each of the items until all of the items except for the two referenced above are selected. Please be sure to leave the WIATWAIN.DS file and PIXMA MX860 folder inside of the TWAIN_32 folder.
4-2. With all of the items you want to move selected, please go to the EDIT menu and select the CUT option.
4-3. Go to your Desktop (main window that comes up when you start Windows with all of the icons on it) and right-click your mouse in any blank area, then choose the PASTE option. The items you selected from the TWAIN_32 folder should appear on the Desktop.
5. Try to launch and scan using MP Navigator again.
Hope this helps!
This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.
04-30-2017 04:36 AM
Using windows10(32)I have a Canon Pixma MG5250 all in one printer.I recently deleted the printer and reinstalled it with up to date drivers from Canon web site because the start up CD would not work. Printer prints OK but will not scan; I keep getting error message (" error occurred when trying to copy files") when i download the MP navigator file from Canon site.
Must be something in my Acer PC preventing Navigator file from opening.HELP!
04-30-2017 09:21 AM
Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!
We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.
If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.
Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.
Thanks for choosing Canon!
03-02-2019 09:29 PM
I have had an MX882 for years, but it just died with a B200 error. I got a used MX860 at local shop and am having this exact problem. First, I could not find any download for Windows 10 for MP Navigator EX, but the 860 documentation refers to MP Navigator EX 2. I found that if I entered Windows 8.1 I could download and install this file: mpnx_2_1-win-2_13-ea23_2.exe . Presumably, version 2.13. Most software for 8.1 works on 10.
When I start the software, I get this:
I have made prints already from the computer. The following shows that the driver is installed:
The successful printing proves that the USB cable is properly connected. Even so, I connected and disconnected it with the printer on or off and also restarted my laptop multiple times, all to no avail.
I tried all the suggetsions listed in this thread so fer.
Thanks for any help,