cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator EX not opening

kevinMfloyd
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG5220, connecting to a Mac running OS 10.11.6, I have downloaded all the most recent drivers from the Canon website. I am trying to scan a multi page doc into one file, when i open Navigator Ex it gives me the pop up that starts "Can not open MP Navigator Ex check the following points. Power is on at the printer, it is connected via USB.

5 REPLIES 5

James_C

Hi kevinMfloyd                     

To resolve this issue, it is recommended that the PIXMA MG5220 is reinstalled.  Please follow the steps below to uninstall the printer driver:

1.  Close all running applications - including antivirus software.

2.  Click on the Apple in the upper left hand corner.

3.  Click on System Preferences, and double-click 'Printer and Faxes'.

4.  In the Printer List dialog, select all the printers added to the Printer List and then click 'Delete'.

5.  Open Library, Printers, Canon, and drag the BJPrinter folder to the Trash.

6.  Open Library, Receipts, and drag any files that contain your model number as part of the file name.  NOTE:  DO NOT trash the CanonPrinterDrivers.pkg file.

7.  Open Library, Image Capture, and TWAIN Data Sources, and move Canon MG5220.ds to the trash.

8.  In the Finder menu, select 'Empty Trash' to delete them.

9.  In the Apple menu, click 'Restart'.

Please use the following steps to download the drivers for your PIXMA MG5220 from Canon's web site:

1.  Visit Canon's website at: http://usa.canon.com/support

2.  Type PIXMA MG5220 in the "Enter a Model" box and click GO.

3.  On the Support page for your unit, click the 'Drivers & Software' link in the middle of the page.

4.  In the Drivers & Downloads section, please click on the MG5200 series CUPS Printer Driver.

5.  Click on the Download button.

6.  The file will be downloaded.

7.  Once the download is complete, please click on the MG5200 series Scanner Driver.

8.  Click on the Download button.  The file will be downloaded.

9.  Once the download is complete, open your Downloads folder.

10.  Double click [mcpd-mac-mg5200-16_10_0_0-ea21_3.dmg].  A new disk image will be created.

11.  Double click the new disk image to install the printer driver.

12.  Double click [msd_-mac-mg5200-17_7_1a-ea8_2.dmg].  A disk image will be created.

13.  Double click that disk image to install the scanner driver.

Follow the prompts to complete installation.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I'm running MAC OS 10.13.1.  I followed your protocol below.  When I attempt to open MP Navigator EX 5.0 I get a window that says  

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model is listed.

Canon MG6200 series
Canon MG4100 series
Canon E500 series
Canon MG8200 series
Canon MG3100 series
Canon MG2100 series
Canon MG5300 series

When your product model is not listed, install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX.

I attempted EX 4.05 and this didn't work either.

Please help

I REALLY don't want to buy another printer (I own two Canon printers already and it seems that everytime I upgrade my OS MP Navigator no longer works).

Hi objuan2,

I will be happy to help you scan from your Canon printer.

In order to better assist you, allow me to ask which model printer you are using?

I look forward to your reply.

robberdob
Apprentice

I'm having the same problem on MP Navigator EX 5.1.2

I'm running high sierra 10.13.6

I've installed the latest drivers 16.20.0.0

My product is the Pixma MG5350S

I get a message of

"Cannot start the MP Navigator EX. Check the following points.

1. The supported model of this software is as follows. Check your product model is listed.

Canon MX510 series
Canon MX430 series
Canon MX710 series
Canon MX890 series
Canon E600 series
Canon MX370 series

When your product model is not listed, install correspondent MP Navigator or MP Navigator EX.

2. MP driver/scanner driver which supports your product model is installed.

3. Your product model is connected to PC properly and the power is ON, if there is a power supply.

4. Reconnect the USB cable when connected with USB."

PLEASE HELP

Hi, robberdob!

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thanks for posting!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Thanks for choosing Canon!

Announcements