cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator EX Cannot start

rpankr
Apprentice

Installed the MG7520, printer working, scan to email working.I want to scan to my PC and need to tune MP Navigator EX.

I downloaded and installed MP Navigator EX, get this message: 

Cannot start the MP....

1. The supported model of this software is

Canon MX370 series

I have read the forum notes and tried everything.  The TWAIN_32 Folder has MG7520 as a sub folder:

Windows

- twain_32

- SG20

- MG7520

Please help.

thanks

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi rpankr,

There is not a version of MP Navigator that is compatible with the PIXMA MG7520; instead, the printer comes with the IJ Scan Utility program that can assist with scanning.  To scan using the IJ Scan Utility, please follow these steps:

For Windows 8.1:

1. On your keyboard, press the Windows key.

2. Start typing IJ SCAN UTILITY. The search window opens as you type. Once the IJ SCAN UTILITY is displayed, please select and open it, then continue with step 3 below.

For Windows 7:

1. Go to your START MENU, then select ALL PROGRAMS, then CANON UTILITIES, then the IJ SCAN UTILITY program.

2. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears. Please continue with step 3 below.

For Both:

3. In the Canon IJ Scan Utility window that opens, click SETTINGS.... in the bottom right of the window. The Settings dialog box appears.

4. Click the DOCUMENT SCAN or PHOTO SCAN option on the left pane of the window, depending on what you would like to scan.

5. In the SAVE SETTINGS section of the window, you will select the save format and location of the document you are about to scan.

a.) In the FILE NAME field, specify the name you would like to give the file. By default the filename will begin with IMG; you can remove IMG and change it to whatever you would like to name the file.

b.) In the SAVE IN field, please navigate to the area where you would like the file to be saved once it is scanned in. By default, the file will be saved in the MY DOCUMENTS or DOCUMENTS folder.

6. Once all settings have been selected, click the OK button at the bottom of the window to save the changes. The IJ Scan Utility main screen appears.

7. Click the DOCUMENT or PHOTO button, depending on what you are trying to scan. Scanning starts. Click the CANCEL button to cancel scanning if needed. Scanned images are saved in previously selected folder location specified in the SETTINGS... window.

If you find that you need advanced scanning options such as adjusting resolution, brightness, contrast, saturation, color balance, etc. in addition to the options selected above, please click on the SCANGEAR button on the IJ Scan Utility main screen, then adjust the items as necessary.

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements