cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP Navigator EX 5.0 doesn't launch

MattWithAHat
Apprentice

Hello,

for my Canon MP560 I use the MP Navigator EX 5.0 for scanning. Everything worked until recently. When I start the program, it doesn't launch. I see its process in the task manager, but nothing pops up. Relaunching the computer doesn't help. What could be the problem here?

4 REPLIES 4

Danny

Hi, MattWithAHat!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which operating system is running on your computer (i.e. Windows or Mac OS, and which version thereof). That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, search our knowledge base or contact our US-based technical support team at http://canon.us/SupportCF

Thanks and have a great day!

Hi!

This is my operating system: Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Build 15063.

When I start the program, the task runs in the background with very high CPU usage, but still it doesn't start. I tried reinstalling it, but that didn't help either.

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

@Michael wrote:

Hello.

Troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

The same problem happens with MP Navigator 4.1 version 4.1.4, you can see the task starting in the background, but it does not open the screen or it takes a huge amount of time before it opens.

The system is Windows 10 x64 Version 20H2 at the latest Build 19042.789.

This problem has been going on for quite some time not just with the latest windows updates..

I also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and all the Utility programs downloaded from the Canon site, but the results are the same.

Why is MP Navigator starting in the background ?

I also tried the previous version 4.1.3, it seems to work a little better, but there is still a long delay before it opens.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements