cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MP 190 won't print black; HELP

thequeenofjoy
Apprentice

mp 190 printer won't print black, but if i change to color it will print; i have done all the cleaning and all the steps; the black cartridge is brand new; don't know what to do.  thanks

the queen of joy

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi thequeenofjoy,

Please make sure that all orange tape is removed from the black ink cartridge.  Once the black ink cartridge is placed back in your PIXMA MP190, please perform 2 more cleanings:

1. Ensure that the printer is powered on and the LED displays a 1.

2. Press the <Maintenance> button once to display [H]. The Maintenance button is the button on the left hand side of the Operator's panel which has the wrench and screwdriver label above it.

3. Press the Black Start button. The cleaning will commence.

After performing a few cleanings, please print another test page.

If black still does not print, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

still doesn't work; if switch to color, it will print.  if i try to use black only it won't print.  the black cartridge is full and still won't print.  don't know what to do; have followed these instructions.  think i should get a new black cartridge and see if it will work.  so frustrating!

cordially,

the queen of joy

Hi thequeenofjoy,

It is recommended that you contact live technical support . There is NO charge for this call. Real time feedback of a live technical support call would be very beneficial in this case.

Please dial 1-866-261-9362, Monday - Friday 10:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m. ET (excluding holidays). A Canon technical support representative will be able to resolve this issue faster.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements