cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG8120 says there is a paper jam; no paper anywhere in the printer

mclmk8d
Contributor

I sent a job to my MG8120 and it jammed. I pulled all te paper out, but it is still saying there is a peper jam in the paper output slot. However, there is nothing there. I shut it down and turned it back on, but I still get the same message. What is the fix for this?

3 REPLIES 3

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mclmk8d,

There is a Knowledgebase Article that you can view that shows the steps for resolving the paper jam error that you are experiencing.  To view this article, please use the following link:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART108130

If the paper jam error persists, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick, as I mentioned, I pulled out any paper from the printer. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO PAPER ANYWHERE IN IT. I Still get the error "Paper Output slot: The paper is jammed. Clear the paper and press OK"

I have shut off the printer multiple times and I still get the error.

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi mclmk8d,

Since the error did not clear after removing the paper jam, I recommend performing a reset of the printer. While the printer is on, unplug the power cord from the printer and let it sit for 60 seconds. While the power is off, press the power button 5 times. After 60 seconds plug the power cord back in and power on the printer. 

If the error does not clear, the printer will require service. The printer comes with a 1 year warranty and if you are in warranty and have a copy of the proof of purchase, please contact us at 1-800-OK-CANON (1-800-652-2666), Monday - Friday, 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM EST so we can process your exchange.

If the printer is out of warranty, you do qualify for our Canon Upgrade program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. We will also include free ground shipping with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements