cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 won't update newly replaced (new) Magenta ink level on print Driver software Macintosh

charleshansen
Enthusiast

I dumped Epson printers because they were deceptive and eventually got fined for really BIG class-action suit money for shutting down the entire printer, even if 1 ink cartridge was "low".

The Canon system is superior, however, the ink level reporting system can be somewhat confsuing...

After living with the Magenta cartridge flashing away for 3 weeks, but still printing perfectly, I decided to take it out anyway and replace with brand-new. I NEVER use refilled cartridges - only new factory Canon.

The ink display on printer is OK, the ink display on the printer's web page is OK, however the level shown on the Mac's (Canon) driver is way, way low - which is wrong - it's brand new! I tried taking the cartridge in and out several times, rebooting the computer and printer many times - magenta ink level just won't update. I don't know what else to try....

HELP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Make sure that a genuine Canon brand ink tank is being used in the Magenta slot. 

However, if the original tank is not giving a "empty" warning and simply has a "low" status, you should keep using the tank to get the most out of it.

If a genuine Canon tank is being used, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Crista
Whiz

Hi charleshansen! 

Thanks for posting in the Canon Forums!

The Forum is not intended for immediate help, but a place to allow for the Community to give you assistance and feedback. If are you in the United States and this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Make sure that a genuine Canon brand ink tank is being used in the Magenta slot. 

However, if the original tank is not giving a "empty" warning and simply has a "low" status, you should keep using the tank to get the most out of it.

If a genuine Canon tank is being used, troubleshooting with our support group will be needed to narrow down the cause of your issue. Please contact our support group using the "Contact Us" link below for additional assistance.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements