cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 won't auto align heads- Error 2500

MLOPES12613
Apprentice

I've done a Deep Clean twice, Manually aligned the heads twice and done the Roller cleaning.

When I print the nozzle check pattern, my very full, BRAND new Cyan/Blue cartridge spots are blank on the printed page.

When I try to do the Auto head alignment, it stops mid process and I get an error #2500 stating that the alignment failed.

It does not complete the function.

Please help! ALL color printing must rely on the Cyan/Blue, as NOTHING is printing correctly color wise.

1 REPLY 1

Hector
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi MLOPES12613,

If your cyan ink is not printing, the print head alignment will fail. The alignment will rely mostly on black and cyan ink and if it is missing, the printer will not be able to track the alignment. If the Cyan is not printing you can try removing the tank and checking the top to make sure all of the packing material came off the top of the tank. If the tank looks fine, you can try reseating the print head using the steps provided in the link HERE.

If you still have the issue, you can try your old tank or another cyan tank to see if it's a problem with the ink. If the problem persist there would be a problem with the printer. The printer has a 1 year warranty and you can click the link HERE to create a Canon account to see what service options you have.

Outside of the 1 year warranty, you can contact our sales department at 1-800-652-2666 to use our Upgrade Program. The Upgrade program will give you a discount and free shipping on a replacement printer.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements