cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 will not print in color

pamelaprussel
Apprentice

After installing the new upgrade on my Mac my MG7720 will no longer print anything in color. If I try to print a test page only the b&w bars show. When I tried to print out a file that is all color the page comes our completely blank, nothing on it. 

I have tried resetting, changing print settings, etc. Nothing is helping.

4 REPLIES 4

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@pamelaprussel wrote:

After installing the new upgrade on my Mac my MG7720 will no longer print anything in color. If I try to print a test page only the b&w bars show. When I tried to print out a file that is all color the page comes our completely blank, nothing on it. 

I have tried resetting, changing print settings, etc. Nothing is helping.

"After installing the new upgrade"...  what upgrade??  Operating System, Drivers, something else?

There are updated drivers for the MG772 available, released 9/22 here

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi pamelaprussel,

Please follow these steps:

1.  Swipe the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your PIXMA MG7720.
2.  Tap Maintenance.
3.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern.
4.  Tap Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.

Does your page look like the example below:

MG7720 Nozzle Check.jpg

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Patrick from Canon did not answer the question.  My printer is doing the same thing only prints black and no color, what is the next step if after I do the print head check is there a next step? I was printing then after a 10 minute break I started to print again and then no color. I reinstalled the drivers and the security update. firmware is up to date installed last year so that wasn't the problem. I am using windows 10

Hello Retusmcr.

If you perform the nozzle check using the steps above, it will show you what ink can make it to the paper. If the color bars are missing, it would mean that there is a problem with the hardware. In that situation, you can try reseating the printhead and inks using the steps in the link provided HERE.  After reseating, you can try another nozzle check to see if the color bars appear.

If the color does not appear, you can try cleaning the print head using the steps in the link HERE to see if you can unclog the nozzles that the ink sprays out of.

If you have performed several cleanings and deep cleanings and the color still does not appear, it would mean the printer needs service.

Announcements