cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 cartridge replacement

QIUYUE
Contributor

After using the MG7720 printer cartridge, can I refill it at the Canon counter in the Costco store?(270,271)Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Costco is a good source for replacement Canon inks.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

QIUYUE
Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

However, my printer prompts "Error code 1660" and the printer is not working properly now. Is there any solution?Thank you.

Hi QIUYUE,

The 1660 error is an indication that your PIXMA MG7720 does not detect ink tank(s) installed:

https://ugp01.c-ij.com/ij/webmanual/ErrorCode/MG7700%20series/EN/ERR/1660.html

Please make sure that you are using genuine Canon ink tanks in your PIXMA MG7720.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your help. I have installed the ink cartridges, which are Canon regular ink cartridges I purchased. Is there any other way?

In addition, I replaced the ink at the Canon counter in Ccstco and installed it according to the operation method provided by the store. Is this okay?

Thank you!

Hi QIUYUE,

With the power on, please open the cover to your PIXMA MG7720.

From right to left, what is all of the text on each ink tank installed in your printer?

Does each ink tank have it's light lit?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you for your reply.

1. The lights of all the ink cartridges of the printer are not on.

2. A total of 6 ink cartridges, from left to right: 271BK, 271GY, 271Y, 270PGBK, 271C, 271M.

Thank you.

Hi, QIUYUE.

Canon USA does not recommend the use of inks manufactured by third parties in Canon printers.

Canon genuine inks are formulated specifically for use in our ultra-precise print head. Our print head and inks work together as a precisely engineered system to support optimum image quality, print speed and reliability in higher resolution text and color printing applications.

Canon supplies and accessories can be purchased online at http://shop.usa.canon.com/, or by calling 1-800-385-2155 to speak to a Canon Direct Representative.

Should you decide to use inks manufactured by third parties in your Canon printer, and such inks cause damage to your product, this damage will not be covered under the product's limited warranty. Any repairs required as a result of such damage must be made at your expense.

If the inks were, in fact, refilled, then it was using third-party inks.  Canon genuine ink tanks are not designed to be refilled, and the process may cause the tanks to become damaged.  If the inks are damaged, the printer may become unable to detect them as the correct ink tanks.

Youy may try replacing the inks with a fresh set of Canon genuine inks, or contact us for support by phone at at 1-800 OK CANON (1-800-652-2666) 8 am to 8 pm Eastern Time, Monday through Friday (excluding holidays).

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements