cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7720 CD not printing -- Code 1001 "No tray inserted or no CD in tray"

acusman
Apprentice

I am having the same message on my brand new MG7720.  I was able to print 8-10 DVD covers with WONDERFULL color and then the printer stopped accepting DVDs, showing the support code 1001 message along with "There is no disc tray".  Turned printer off and on, same issue.   Sometimes I can wait five minutes, turn printer on, and it prints; sometimes prints several in a row without message.

Very frustrating for a brand new printer, especially since my old MG5320 finally died and had to get a new one.  I mostly use this printer for printing on DVDs so it is an especially important feature to work consistently.

Anyone else having this issue.

I am using Windows 10 Home Edition.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi acusman,

When printing on printable discs (BD/DVD/CD, etc.), use the disc tray supplied with this machine ("J" is on the upper side). Place a printable disc on the disc tray, attach the disc tray to the machine, and then tap OK on the touch screen.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/standard_display/contact_us_consumer

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

joe000uk
Apprentice

i have the same problem TS8051 keep spiting the cd tray Code 1001 "No tray inserted or no CD in tray.please if you find solution let me know .

Announcements