cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7550 scan without ink

belatopn
Apprentice

Hi,

I bought my Canon MG7550 one year ago and I am very disappointed in Canon.

I like the DSLR cameras, but the printer is a disaster.

Sometimes it cannot connect to the wifi, or when it does, it drops the connection after a while. I have to turn it off and on. I have already tried with 3 different routers, it did not make any difference.It is a bit better when I connect with LAN cable but the connection is not stable either.

The printer is slow, sometimes it writes processing... and I cannot use it for minutes. The menu is slow too, the touch screen is small and unresponsive. The materials at the top are very weak. I always afraid I break it when push the touch buttons or open the lid to replace the ink cartridges.

Today it made my day because I cannot scan with empty ink cartridge(s). Could you please explain how are they connected? Do you have a new firmware with the fix for that issue? Actually I do not really care. This was its last day, I will never ever buy canon printer again.

Thanks,

Bela 

1 REPLY 1

Danny

Thanks for being active in our community! We're happy to share that it's possible to scan with an empty ink tank or cartridge. To start scanning, follow the instructions at this link.

Announcements