Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor
Accepted Solution

MG7520 scanner fault Windows 10

Hello,

So I recently purchased a Cannon MG7520 printer and am having trouble with the scanner.  When try to scan from my Windows 10 pc, a window pops up on my screen with a ScanGear error code 2,250,200.  The error code also pops up when I press the scan button on the printer, having the Windows 10 machine selected as the destination pc.  Now, I also have a Windows 7 machine, and as far as I can tell, the scanner function works fine on that pc.  I should also mention that using the Windows 10 scan program works with the scanner--no issues--which leads me to believe the problem sits with the ScanGear software/drivers, and that ScanGear is not compatible with Windows 10.

Is this, in essence, the problem, software incompatibility with windows 10?

Also, I could not find any answers for the the error code 2,250,200.  What does it mean?

Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: MG7520 scanner fault Windows 10

I seem to have resolved the problem.  I had Kapersky's Internet Security on my Windows 10 machine.  The subscription had expired months ago.  I uninstalled the program completely from my system.  Now ScanGear appears to be working properly.  I performed three consecutive scans from my pc--all three worked.  I will post here if it doesn't stay operational.