cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 preferences keep resetting

overma07
Apprentice

I have two MG7520 printers that will not retain the printer preferences. One is connected via USB cable and the other via Ethernet cable. 

I am using Windows 10 on two separate PCs (each PC has a dedicated MG7520).

Does anyone know the solution to this problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hello.

Please try the following:

1.  Close all programs that are open.

2.  Right-click Start and open the Control Panel.

3.  Open Printers or Devices and Printers.

4.  Right-click the MG7500 and choose Preferences or Printing Preferences.

5.  Choose your desired options in the Main and Page Setup tabs.

6.  Click Apply and OK.

Once this has been done, try printing to test the adjustment.  If the new default settings are not available, try using a different program to narrow down the cause of your issue.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

Are you referring to settings on the actual printer or your computer?  Please clarify which options you would like to set as the default for the printer.  Also, what version of Windows or Mac OSX are on the systems?

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I am using Windows 10. I am trying to save the printer preferences using the Canon utility on the PC.

Hello.

Please try the following:

1.  Close all programs that are open.

2.  Right-click Start and open the Control Panel.

3.  Open Printers or Devices and Printers.

4.  Right-click the MG7500 and choose Preferences or Printing Preferences.

5.  Choose your desired options in the Main and Page Setup tabs.

6.  Click Apply and OK.

Once this has been done, try printing to test the adjustment.  If the new default settings are not available, try using a different program to narrow down the cause of your issue.

Michael,

Thanks for your help. I did reinstall the software and this appears to have fixed the problem. I don't fully understand because I had set everyting up using the printer front panel settings as the software had been previously installed.

Announcements