cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 - is showing up offline very often when I try to print. It is grayed out in my printer list.

vrcarroll
Apprentice

My MG7520 works for a bit and then it quits by telling me on my Windows 7 laptop that the printer is offline.  I've tried turning off and turning back on the printer, setting the automatic turn on based on something being send to the printer, and disabling the auto turn off.  We got this printer to use it airprint and also Google cloud print.  We are getting quite frustrated with this crazy machine.  I've uninstalled and re-installed twice...it works for a few hours and then it goes haywire again.  We have it on our local network wirelessly connected.  Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi vrcarroll,

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 setting of the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the printer:

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX setting

1. From the main printer screen, swipe the display until you reach SETUP, then tap that option.

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap LAN SETTINGS.

4. Tap OTHER SETTINGS.

5. Tap WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING.

6. Tap DISABLE. 

7. Tap the HOME button.

Disabling the IPv6 Setting

1. From the main printer screen, swipe the display until you reach SETUP, then tap that option.

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap LAN SETTINGS.

4. Tap OTHER SETTINGS.

5. Tap TCP/IP SETTINGS.

6. Tap IPv6. You will receive a message stating that LAN communication may be disabled. Tap YES.

7. Tap ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then tap DISABLE on the screen that appears.

8. Tap the HOME button.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi vrcarroll,

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 setting of the printer may resolve the issue you are experiencing.  To do this, please follow these steps from the operation panel of the printer:

Disabling the Wireless LAN DRX setting

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap LAN SETTINGS.

4. Tap OTHER SETTINGS.

5. Tap WIRELESS LAN DRX SETTING.

6. Tap DISABLE. 

7. Tap the HOME button.

Disabling the IPv6 Setting

2. Tap DEVICE SETTINGS.

3. Tap LAN SETTINGS.

4. Tap OTHER SETTINGS.

5. Tap TCP/IP SETTINGS.

6. Tap IPv6. You will receive a message stating that LAN communication may be disabled. Tap YES.

7. Tap ENABLE/DISABLE IPv6, then tap DISABLE on the screen that appears.

8. Tap the HOME button.

Hope this helps!

This didn't answer your question or issue? Please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements