cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 Error B203

katana
Apprentice

Called Canon Support and they say it's unrepairable but past 1 year so unreplaceable too.  Tried everything including dismantling the printhead assembly to manually clean.  Barely used the printer, 1 or 2 prints a month.  

Anyone have recommendation on non-Canon I can buy to replace for around the same price range?

65 REPLIES 65

turn off machine, Open the printer like you will be inserting ink cartridges, turn on printer,  when the cartridge/printhead unit starts to move, close the printer.  When I did it it did a self check for 3 to 4 minutes and when it was done it was ready to print.

Don't know if it will be a permanant fix as I don't know why it suddenly stopped working, but it is working now.

I also completed a Canon support survey when they sent me an email stating that they should be telling people to try this.  If it doesn't work for them at least there was some type of effort.

Thank you. I will pull it out of the closet and give it a try.  Canon offered me a discount on a new printer but I can't see throwing good money after bad.  I have been using my now 11+ year old HP printer since the Canon died.  I was disappointed that the Canon lasted only 18 months.

It worked for me, but don't know how long for

Worked for me too. I was about to trash it and buy another. Thank goodness I found this thread....can't believe Canon is of no help.Hoping the fix lasts awhile.

My mom just called me to tell me she was putting a couple ink cartridges in her canon printer and it made a funny noise and now she has an error message. I told her that happened to me too. I'll go over to help her out today.

I find it odd that this error is happening to people now and wonder if Canon is trying to get people to buy new printers. And funny how they don't share how to fix it. Thankful for this forum so we can help each other.

Thanks again for the solution.

"turn off machine, Open the printer like you will be inserting ink cartridges, turn on printer, when the cartridge/printhead unit starts to move, close the printer. When I did it it did a self check for 3 to 4 minutes and when it was done it was ready to print."

Worked like a champ. Cheers!

d

Didn't work for me unfortunately

MG5750 giving E203 error code
Just followed the following method on my MG5750,  (other repsonses confirm this method may work on other models)
1. Switch Off Machine,
2. Open cover (so you can see cartridges)
3 Turn On Machine,
4. When cartridges start to move Close the Cover 
Works a treat "Well it did for me" dont know how long the fix will last for but so far so good.
THANKS

My 3-year old MG7520 spit out the B203 Code today. It's a great printer and I hate to lose it. Removed the print head and cleaned it. No luck. Called support and they were of no help (told me I had corrupt drivers). Tried the Machine Off - Lid Open - Machine On - Close Lid method. Wow, it worked for me Smiley Happy. Like others who have posted, there is no telling how long the fix will work. But for now I am printing. Agree that Canon ought to put this fix out there for all those frustrated by the dreaded B203 Error Code.

My printer is MG 7760.

Had increasing trouble with the clarity of print so after trying everything else I removed the printing head and washed it thoroughly and replaced. I tried the same method of opening the top, turning it on, then closing, and it did go through a routine. When I tried to print, it ground away in its routine for a while but eventually came up with the B203 message again. 

I will leave it for a while and try again later but if it doesn't work I'll have to get a new printer. Why does Canon say to take it to a service agent when it's obvious that the only advice you will get is to buy a new printer - and what do I then do with the spare cartidges on the shelf, if the new printer is different?

Announcements