cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7520 Error B203

katana
Apprentice

Called Canon Support and they say it's unrepairable but past 1 year so unreplaceable too.  Tried everything including dismantling the printhead assembly to manually clean.  Barely used the printer, 1 or 2 prints a month.  

Anyone have recommendation on non-Canon I can buy to replace for around the same price range?

65 REPLIES 65

Thanks for the tip. works perfectly. Suggest you buy 3rd party ink which is dirt cheap and works fine - refill original cartridges so the printer thinks they are genuine.

Hello

I just had the same error B203 pop up on my MG7750 display.

I opened the printer cover and turned the printer off, then i turned it back on and as the printhead started moving i closed the printer cartridge cover.

I was now able to get into the printer menu on the printer itself, i went to setup and then did a reset all and after that i go thru the wifi setup on the printer. After that i did a firmware update. And after that a auto printhead allignment.

For now it works, but i wonder how long ?????

Regards Chris

claus
Apprentice

I have a MG7550 and it have never work well

I have spent a lot of time and money on this product
My printer is just over 2 years old and has not worked well since I bought it and it's not much I've used It's so bad that it's easier to send what I need printede to my children and on their old HP printer, Print it out.
It has been 4 times for service and 2 times for repair and now it's out. Help code 203
i never want anything to do with canon again and want everyone who will hear me discourage to buy something that canon has produced
I feel like I've been crazy. to buy the produkt producer buy Canon.....
canon is terrible useless and a total waste of mone...
Use your money on a printer that does not come from Canon
or what you think of buying just do not!  buy Canon

BR Claus

Rslaurie
Apprentice
Mine is still working so far. Been 3 months or so.

Awesome to hear your printer is still working. I had moved mine to unplug it. I'm afraid to move it back to where I had it thinking maybe it'll stop working again. lol.

mrcleanrt
Apprentice

I joined the forum because it gave me some ideas on how to possible get rid of the B203 error code for my 2 year old MG7520. I ended up upluging the printer from the wall outlet and the computer then turned the computer off. I waited untill the next morning, pluged the printer back into the wall and the computer and rebooted the Mac. I checked the make sure that the Mac was "seeing" the printer, which it was, so I decided the run a full and complete test pattern using the printer tools. Since it started to run the test pattern ( which it would not do the day before) I felt that was a good sign. Sure enough, after running the full test patterns, realigning the heads, etc., I hit the print icon on the Mac and it worked. As many have said though, for how long. I really enjoy the printer, so thanks for the help, and I hope this helps someone else. Ron

mibtp
Apprentice

I tried the method. It cleared the error. But once I tried to print again (Macbook Pro wireless), it came back. Unable to print.

Any other suggestions?

Mine cleared and I am able to print. However, the print quality is way below par. Somewhat similar to the Draft Setting. Thought I would bite the bullet and get another printer. But try to find one that rates above 3 stars and you will need several cups of coffee. Seems like everything available is just slightly better than junk.

Exactly. And I refuse to buy an HP. Swore off them 4 years ago with their tech support mantra, "no worries, just buy another one."

I'm afraid I've given up and bought a new printer -  a Brother model, recommended by an IT-savvy friend. I was warned not to touch HP. 

Announcements