cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7150 PGBK printing distorsion

TrevorH
Apprentice

I have a problem mentioned in other posts on other printers - but unfortunatey no definite solution. The test print output shows the problem

MG7150 output print.jpg

I have tried cleaning, deep cleaning, aligning, updating drivers and removing the printhead to clean it outside the printer. A possible other solution is cleaning the encoder film.

I can't see how this could be the problem as the print deformation consistant across the page. The encoder runs all along the page also - so the problem with it would have to be the same along its full length? I may be wrong so I will clean it to see if it changes anything. The problem in doing this is access to it. How do I remove some/all of the printer panels to gain access? Any assistance will be appreciated.

I can't understand how the above pattern deviation is so regular? I assume there are 2 printing passes to generate the output. It looks as if there is a progressive delay in pushing the ink out of the head towards the centre of the pattern. This would account for the pattern generated.  If it was a "simple" print blockage/restriction I can't understand how it is so uniform?

Any feedback / advice etc. would be welcomed.

Trevor

16 REPLIES 16

TrevorH
Apprentice

I am dissapointed I have not had any replies?

On searching the web I think the distortion is a common failure fault.

My printer is not yet 3 years old! After showing the printout to Canon they stated they did not know the reason for the fault but try cleaning, etc? I approached another  company that said it was the print head. With this I again contacted Canon who wrote  "Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, we are not able to confirm that replacing the print head would resolve the issue."

I would have expected Canon to have some technical savy - but obviously they don't.

I would like Canon to contribute to the parts replacement/repair as I think it must be an inherent problem with their printer.

If you are thinking of purchasing a Canon PIXMA printer please bear in mind that its life may not be very long?

d4niele76
Contributor

I've exactly the same problem. I consumed 2 sets of original cartdrige to try to do a good alignement and head cleaning but nothing to do.

Someone have a solution for this problem?

IMG_20161122_0002.jpg

Further to my previous post. After discussions with Cannon. They said "the correct procedure is to approach the actual retailer". I did this and they refunded my original purchase cost - rather a good result.

For me it is impossible because I bought the printer online long time ago.

Maybe the only way is try to change the printhead by myself, I founded it at 36€ shipped from china.

Anyway I forced the settings to  print in photo mode to bypass the use of the PGBK ink. Now the text is readable but the printer is so slow to print a single paper and I will be change a lot of normal black ink.

Its so strange that a lot of canon printers have this problem and the solution is just the refund or the assistance.

Mine was 3 years old!!

Are you really used only original ink?

sugarpop
Contributor

Me too.  Canon should be helping us and fix this problem!!!

My printer is a MG7120 but its the same problem.  Only switching the paper type to matte photo or high-resolution paper (which stops using the PGBK ink) has worked.  This is wasteful and SLOW.  

Has anyone found anything else useful?

d4niele76
Contributor
I ordered online a new printhead in a chinese shop. 33€ I am waiting that it arrive. I tried to clean accurately the printhead un assembled it but the result was just that the printer now print all the colors but the distortions of PGBK is still present and evident.

Lozza69er
Apprentice
Any update on this, got exactly the same issue with my canon mg5751?
Announcements