Canon Community Canon Community

New Contributor

MG7120 PGBK problem

Since changing the ink in my canon MG7120 printer, we've been having this issue. All other colours print fine. I have tried deep cleaning and aligning the thing several times. 

IMG_20160818_104013945.jpg

IMG_20160818_112203371.jpg

Any ideas? Would a new ink cartridge maybe fix the problem or am I better to buy a new printer? 

New Contributor

Re: MG7120 PGBK problem

having the same problem with my MG6620, tried cleaning, aligning, cleaning registration strip, nothing helped so far.

Occasional Contributor

I hae same problem.  Tried everything.  The only fix I found is to print without the PGBK ink (by changing the paper type to matte photo or high-resolution paper).  This sucks since I only print documents & the PGBK ink is better/clearer typically.  Plus I'm sitting here with a bunch of PGBK ink that I can't use.  

Any help from canon (besides take it in to be serviced).  I'd do that if they paid for everything but I doubt that is the case.  

Any help would be much appreciated!!!!

Occasional Contributor

I'm so angry about this.  I puchased a printerhead cleaning kit.  I spent a whole day cleaning the printer head.  I purchased all new ink.  I wasted a ton of ink doing a bunch of nozzle checks, deep cleaning, etc.  

The only thing that works is NOT using the PGBK cartridge which is SLOWWWW and WASTEFUL.  

Its CRAZY that canon won't give us a new printer head for free.  Heck I want them to also give me replacement ink for what I wasted trying to solve this problem that is obviously in their hardware or firmware.  Ugh.  

Product Expert

Hi sugarpop,

To get your PIXMA MG7120 printing correctly, please clean the encoder/timing strip inside of your printer.

To do this, please follow the steps outlined in the following Knowledgebase Article:

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/index?page=content&id=ART142916

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Occasional Contributor

I have tried cleaning the encoder/timing strip. Doesn't help.
Highlighted
New Contributor

I tried to clean the encoder/timing strip and that didn't resolve the problem.  I replaced the PGBK cartridge and that didn't change anything.

Should cleaning the printer head correct the problem? I did that first and it didn't make a difference.

Need other suggestions please.