cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG7120 PGBK not printing

greyeyejedi
Apprentice

I have a Canon MG 7120 printer that prints text blue.  I've tried multiple PGBK cartridges, both Canon and off-brand, used the software to clean print heads and have taken the printhead out and manually cleaned it.  Nothing has helped.  I've also tried to force it to use the BK cartridge, but that hasn't worked either.  Any suggestions to help with what is otherwise a good printer would be appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ramona
Authority

Hi greyeyejedi,

When inks do not print correctly, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the unit as you have done to try and get the ink to print.  If the ink still does not print, and removing the print head and ink tanks in the unit, as well as replacing the ink with new ink tanks does not resolve the issue, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Ramona
Authority

Hi greyeyejedi,

When inks do not print correctly, we recommend performing at least one cleaning and two deep cleanings on the unit as you have done to try and get the ink to print.  If the ink still does not print, and removing the print head and ink tanks in the unit, as well as replacing the ink with new ink tanks does not resolve the issue, the printer may require servicing.  We ask that you please contact a Canon technical support representative here for further assistance.  A representative will be happy to assist you free of charge.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements