cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6821 Not Printing Black

Classicphotobym
Apprentice
My MG6821 will not print black. I spent $80 on Canon cartridges at Target. CLI271M, CLI217BK, CLI217Y, CLI270PGBK, and CLI271C. Installed in that order. There is black ink all over the place inside of the printer. They were all installed properly (please don't insult my intelligence). I have done everything from deep cleaning to printer head alignment. IT WILL NOT WORK! I JUST WASTED MY $80 AND STILL CANT PRINT ANYTHING!!! I want my money back, plus a printer that works! Its only a year old, and is well taken care of!
2 REPLIES 2

BillS
Mentor

Hi Classicphotobym,

A test of your PIXMA MG6821 should be performed.  This will tell us if the printer is working correctly.  To do this, please load letter-sized paper in the PIXMA MG6821 and follow these steps:

1.  Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your PIXMA MG6821.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Print nozzle check pattern.

4.  Tap Yes.

The Nozzle Check will print.  Please compare your printout to the example that has been attached to this email.  If they differ, please perform a few printhead cleanings.

To perform cleanings, please follow these steps:

1.  Flick the HOME screen and then tap Setup on your PIXMA MG6821.

2.  Tap Maintenance.

3.  Tap Cleaning.

4.  Tap Yes to clean the printhead.

5.  Tap Yes to print another Nozzle Check.

Does the Nozzle Check print correctly?

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

drsturgill
Apprentice

My MG6821 will not print black. 

The reference to the printer testing is pure BS.

The link on the lower page puts you in the market to buy a new one !

That is how you treat your customers ?

Well, you are surely a sorry bunch.

I am not asking for a refund, only to get my printer working.

You can bet that I will never buy a Canon product again, if this is what I have to look forward to..

Anyone can build an inferior product and back it up with no service.

Lots of frills and red tape, no customer service.

Announcements