cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6821 Error Code B203

Milostra
Apprentice
Hello everyone. I've had this printer for a few years now. 3-4 years just about. Recently as of last week the printer has been showing an error code of B203 with it's correlating message. I had performed a hard reset of the printer itself and it seemed to have gotten rid of it until today when a family member tried printing something. The message reappeared mid print and I am completely flustered with how to fix this. Is there any at home method to remedy this issue or do I really have to send it to technical support/buy a new printer?
6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

B203.  Ink carrier calibration issue.  

Power the printer off.  Open its lid.  Power the printer on.  The ink carrier should be parked on the right hand side.  Once it moves to the middle of its travel, close the lid.  This should recalibrate it.  

If you continue to receive this error, replacement is your best option, as shipping and repair will exceed the cost of replacement.   

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you for your response. We had the printer off for over 8ish hours and when I turned it on to do as you said it seemed to recalibrate itself on its own. Actually a lot of thinking went on before it fell quiet, so I tested to see if it could print a multi-paged curse schedule from MS Word and it did it with no issue! Do you think the energy saver mode could contribute to the ink carrier issue? I did save it to stay on 24/7 as sometimes I may print from my phone or laptop which isn't nearby so to prevent me from running back and forth I kept it on all the time. 

Greetings,

The energy saver mode shouldn't affect the printer's ability to calibrate.  

If the printer has a timing (encoder) strip, ensure it remains clean.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I will thank you for such valuable advice. If these methods don't work, I'll just buy a different printer. 

You've been a great help!

Thank you for your advice.  It worked to remove the Error B203.  But the error 203 or 204 will reappear once I start to print.  Any further thoguhts?

Thanks,

Milostra
Apprentice
I honestly regret trying to fix this printer as replacement printers are so expensive. All i know is that i won't be buying canon again. I tried cleaning the printhead which removed the error for about a week. Then i just tried replacing the printhead with a new one and the error still persists. There doesn't seem to be a way to repair this so the best bet would be to buy a different printer from another company.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements