cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6820 can't scan from the Operation Panel...

Blackink
Contributor

OK, so what am I doing wrong? If I try and scan something using the touch screen on the printer itself, (I am assuming this is the Operation Panel), everything is fine until it gets to the "Processing.....Please wait momentarily" and I see a little image scroll across the screen from left to right for about 20-30 seconds, then I am right back to the screen that is shown on page 813 (top of the page), and I have no scanned image.

I can scan anything I want from my computer using the IJ Scan Utility....from my computer.

I have double checked my settings as to where scanned images will go, and they ain't goin' there!!!!!

I did not install the full software driver package, win-mg6800-1_0-jucd.exe, that includes My Image garden software. I did not plan on using the My Image garden software.

My computer is using Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit.

The drivers I installed were the MP drivers and if I am understanding these correctly, they seem to be working OK from my desktop. I am not sure if they are really needed for scanning from the Operation Panel. That shouldn't matter as it seems they are installed on my computer, I have the use of the Canon IJ Scan Utility from my desktop that this printer is plugged into via a USB cable, so that should confirm the drivers are installed, correct?

I have another Windows 7 PC that uses this printer through "sharing".

My wife uses her Windows 10 laptop wirelessly to print to this printer also.

So.....according to page 806 of the Online/User Manual, it states "you can connect your scanner or printer to a network to share it among multiple computers or scan images into a specified computer".

Does this above statement mean that if I want to scan from the printer and send those images to the computer (that the printer is now connewcted via a USB cable with) that I will have to scan via a network connection rather than the current USB cable?

I sure could use some help in getting the "scan from the touch screen" problem solved.

Thanks for the help,

Steve in Central vermont

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Solution!!!!!!

I had to un-install both the Canon MP Drivers and the IJ Scan Utility Drivers.

I re-started the computer.
I then turned off both: Microsoft Security Essentials and I turned off my Windows Firewall.

Re-installed the latest MP Driver , followed directions during the install because there was a point where it says to unplug my printer from the USB cable, and a bit later it tells you when to plug that cable back in (if your connecting via USB cable).

After the install, I was able to scan from the Operation Panel to the computer. The only thing I did have to make any changes to, were in the settings of the IJ Scan Utility-I changer where the files were going and i changed some settings on how high a quality I wanted. Those setting were wiped out during the un-installation.

And I have 2 other computers that use this printer also and after the un-install and the re-install of the new drivers, both computers were still able to print from that printer!!

If I had to make a guess as to why the scan wouldn't work the first time, was because I know when I installed the drivers for the first time, I didn't turn any virus protection off or turn my Windows Firewall off before the driver install.

Thank You to the Canon Support Team for helping me diagnose this problem

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Blackink,

When scanning from your PIXMA MG6820 to your computer using a USB cable, please place the item on the scanner and follow these steps:

1.  Swipe the Home screen on your PIXMA MG6820 and then select Scan.

2.  Select PC.

3.  Select Local (USB).

4.  Make necessary adjustments and then click the Black or Color Start button.

If you continue to have difficulties, please contact our support group using the following link:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Solution!!!!!!

I had to un-install both the Canon MP Drivers and the IJ Scan Utility Drivers.

I re-started the computer.
I then turned off both: Microsoft Security Essentials and I turned off my Windows Firewall.

Re-installed the latest MP Driver , followed directions during the install because there was a point where it says to unplug my printer from the USB cable, and a bit later it tells you when to plug that cable back in (if your connecting via USB cable).

After the install, I was able to scan from the Operation Panel to the computer. The only thing I did have to make any changes to, were in the settings of the IJ Scan Utility-I changer where the files were going and i changed some settings on how high a quality I wanted. Those setting were wiped out during the un-installation.

And I have 2 other computers that use this printer also and after the un-install and the re-install of the new drivers, both computers were still able to print from that printer!!

If I had to make a guess as to why the scan wouldn't work the first time, was because I know when I installed the drivers for the first time, I didn't turn any virus protection off or turn my Windows Firewall off before the driver install.

Thank You to the Canon Support Team for helping me diagnose this problem
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements