cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6620

glsouder
Apprentice

After scanning my first page I get a message that says 'Failed to open a session on the device' when trying to scan a second page.  I've just updated my MacBook Pro software. Prior to this I've never had a problem. Any Thoughts? Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@glsouder wrote:

After scanning my first page I get a message that says 'Failed to open a session on the device' when trying to scan a second page.  I've just updated my MacBook Pro software. Prior to this I've never had a problem. Any Thoughts? Thanks

Upgraded from what to what?  Mojave, Catalina, something else?

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Sorry, the upgrade was to Catalina 

glsouder
Apprentice

Chatted with Cannon this morning and tried to work out a solution. They finally gave up and admitted that the software needs to be updated to be compatible with Apple Catalina. That’s going to take a couple of days. Nice guys to work with. Hopefully they’ll get it up and working soon. 

Same problem on MG7160.  Scans first page ok, but fails on the second page with the "failed to open session" message. 

I am on Catalina 15.3, running on an i7 iMac.  The printer is connected the iMac via USB. No issues prior to Catalina upgrade.

Did the following - none of them solved the problem:

1. Reset the Printing system from iMac Preferences, and then rebooted.
  2. Downloaded the drivers on https://www.canon.com.au/support/sims-content?pid=f2da3323d8f64e0b8b0326f68340baba&cid=15AF3CC065274... which were dropped on 13 December 2019.  Rebooted.
  3. Deleted all reference to Canon in the Library and again downloaded the same drivers.
  4. Called Apple.  The rep claimed the error message was from Canon and he could not offer any insights.
  5. Sent an email to Canon Support last week.  No response yet.

Run out of ideas.  Anybody have the same problem and found a solution?

I tried this version too. Seems like it is incompatible with MX 882 printer though.

Announcements