cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6620 scanning directly to SD Card

lblaszczyk
Apprentice

Just replaced my MG5420 with an "upgrade" to MG6620 after it got a 5100 error.  With the MG5420 I had an SD Card inserted and could scan documents to the SD card, then download via Wifi to my linux computers.

Can the MG6620 be configured to scan directly to SD card?  I don't understand why such a simple feature would be missing.

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello.

The MG6620 can not scan to a memory card.  This unit is only able to scan to a computer.  The memory card slot can only be used for printing JPEG or PDF files.

If additional assistance is needed, find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Thank you, I appreciate the response.  This however means I practically bought a paperweight since the scanning capability is one of the main reasons I purchased another MG series printer.  It is completely impractical to be tied to a computer when all I need to do is scanning to document, when other printers in this series support this functionality.

For future purchases, where exactly is it stated in documentation, or online, whether a Canon printer can scan directly to memory card?  The MG5420 could, the MG6620 cannot, but I cannot find the specific distinction on the device description pages.

-- Thank you again.

Announcements