cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6620 - ink tank not recognized

tcb547
Apprentice

I think I replaced one of the inks too soon, and now I am paying the price. One ink was empty, so I replaced it, and at the same time another was low so I replaced it. And the printer has decided to stop working. I am getting error 1414 ink tank not recognized.

So far I have tried the following:

Removing all inks, put them back in one at a time, and the same ink (cyan) tank is not recognized

Press stop for a number of seconds to reset screen - nothing happens

Press stop and on at the same time to reset - when screen comes on the normal screen shows up for two seconds, then the ink tank error shows again

Press stop, shut printer off, unplug for a minute, plug back in - error screen shows

I feel like nothing is working! This has been a great printer for us, we have had it for several years, which I have had several friends tell me it is unusual for a printer to even last that long. Any other tips are appreciated, thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tcb547,

Please make sure that all of the tape/cellophane has been removed from the cyan ink tank.  Also, look in the slot in the printer where the cyan ink tank is placed and make sure there isn't anything blocking the contacts between the printer's slot and the ink tank.  If there is a small piece of paper or foreign object in the slot, it would cause the ink tank to be not recognized.

Please make sure that you are using genuine Canon ink tanks.  If you are not, please replace the cyan ink tank with a genuine Canon ink tank.

If the issue persists, there could be a fault with the printer in which your PIXMA MG6620 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi tcb547,

Please make sure that all of the tape/cellophane has been removed from the cyan ink tank.  Also, look in the slot in the printer where the cyan ink tank is placed and make sure there isn't anything blocking the contacts between the printer's slot and the ink tank.  If there is a small piece of paper or foreign object in the slot, it would cause the ink tank to be not recognized.

Please make sure that you are using genuine Canon ink tanks.  If you are not, please replace the cyan ink tank with a genuine Canon ink tank.

If the issue persists, there could be a fault with the printer in which your PIXMA MG6620 would require service.  You are eligible for Canon's Upgrade Program. This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service, or for some reason are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This option allows you a one-time opportunity to purchase a replacement product, discounted from the list price.

To help you get up and running quickly, we also offer free standard shipping (if the order is completed by 12:30PM ET). If you would like to take part in this option, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8am to Midnight. Let them know you have been working with technical support and the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Hi,

Thank you for your response.

I am using genuine Canon inks, I have always only used genuine canon ink in the printer.

All tape has been removed, and I also checked the printer area. There is nothing there.

I have ordered another ink to check if replacing the ink will fix the problem, and if that does not fix it I feel like I have done everything I can.

If the new ink does not work, I would be interested in the Upgrade program. Thank you.
Announcements