03-30-2020 12:45 AM
When I try to scan a document via IJ Scan Utility, I get a message: Cannot communicate with scanner.
I am running Windows 10 OS, connecting to Canon MG6620 via USB. I do not have LAN or Internet. Disable LAN is set.
I am able to print just fine with the above setup but cannnot scan.
My install includes full driver published 7/22/15.
If anyone has any suggestions on how to fix, please let me know.
03-30-2020 03:38 PM
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG6600 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG6600's are removed.
5. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
7. Click once on "Canon MG6600 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
9. Once done, turn your PIXMA MG6620 off and then please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG6600 series MP Drivers Ver. 1.01".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mg6600-1_01-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, turning your PIXMA MG6620 back on when prompted.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan.