cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6320 Totally Blank Pages yet sounds normal

mtkoren
Contributor

My MG6320 suddenly is printing bank pages. It stopped showing any ink evidence on pages - they are fully blank.  The orinter sounds normal like ink should be flowing onto the page.

I've ONLY used genuine canon ink since day 1.  All 6 cartriges are full or nearly full.  I removed and snapped back in all the cartridges.

I have run deep cleaning cycle twice, done head alignment nozzel check pattern, did deep cleaning again after 24 hours, and so on, per advice given in other threads.  The paper used (the same as I've used now for years) is Hammermill Premium Multipurpose 24 pound ultrawhite.

There are no error messages.  I powered it down and back to be sure. When that didn't work, I unplugged the machine and plugged it back in just to sure.

I edited this message after find Canon's instructions to reset the print head and did that.  Still won't put ink on the pages.

I tried calliing Canon support but was referred back here when my printer model number was entered - no longer phone supported.

Am I having to buy a new print head or printer?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

mtkoren
Contributor
Spoke to Karen Support about my new printer that was hard to set up. While we discussed it, I brought up the printer in this thread. My old MG6320 in this thread. He told me it wasn’t the printhead but rather the absorber. He said the repair expense of the absorber was high so it was worth buying a new printer.

View solution in original post

mtkoren
Contributor
Sorry for the typo. Previous comment was supposed to say “Spoke with customer support.... “

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

If you aren't getting output from a nozzle check pattern or print head alighnmnet using:

The stardard MP driver for W7, 8 or 10

or

The CUPS driver for MAC OS

Don't know what you are using....

And you really like your printer, I'd try a new print head. 

Otherwise its a 7 yr old printer and it might be time to walk away.  My printer (HP) is the oldest tech I own.  It turns 7 next month and stiil prints as good as it ever did.  Pretty sure HP isn't happy that its gone this long, but I've been lucky with it.  They do get my ink business.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

mtkoren
Contributor
I suspect you’re right. My printer is likely nearly 9 years old. Best I can tell.

So rather than spend $129 on a printhead, and risk not having an improvement, which makes me nervous, I decided to buy an MX532 from Canon, that may not be as good, but only cost $72 on Amazon last night. Instead of the normal $135-$150. Seen at Staples. Of course wasting 6 ink cartridges that haven’t been used yet. Pity. My dad‘s old Canon printer died at the same time if you can believe this. And I bought him one as well. But it was highly rated by Consumer Reports.

mtkoren
Contributor
Wrong not $72 - it was $67. Free 2-day delivery. A bargain.
Well not a bargain once you add up the ink costs over the next two years LOL!

mtkoren
Contributor
Spoke to Karen Support about my new printer that was hard to set up. While we discussed it, I brought up the printer in this thread. My old MG6320 in this thread. He told me it wasn’t the printhead but rather the absorber. He said the repair expense of the absorber was high so it was worth buying a new printer.

mtkoren
Contributor
Sorry for the typo. Previous comment was supposed to say “Spoke with customer support.... “

bauerjim
Apprentice

I just purchased my MG6320 from amazon and no ink on paper!!??

Announcements