cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6320 Scanner Stopped Working - "Set the PC to start scanning" WINDOWS 8.1

GlassHalfFull
Contributor

I had this issue when I was on Windows 7, and resolved it by doing what Ramona suggested:

"The Canon IJ Network Scanner Selector EX will need to be running on your computer to scan using the operation panel of the printer.  To launch the program, from the Start Menu on your computer, select All Programs, then Canon Utilities, then IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (folder), then IJ Network Scanner Selector EX (program).  Once launched, the program will be displayed in the notification area of the taskbar. "

Now I have a new computer with Windows 8.1, and can't find "All Programs, then Canon Utilities, etc."

Can someone please help?  I asked this question at the end of my other post, and it's had 39 views, but no responses.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Ramona
Authority

Hi GlassHalfFull,

To launch the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX from Windows 8.1, from the Windows Start screen you can just start typing "IJ" to bring up the Search window, then in the drop-down section above the text field, select "Everywhere" and continue typing "Network Scanner Selector EX" until you see the program show up as an option to click on.  Once you click on "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX", it should launch the program.

Another method you could use would be to go to the Windows Start screen, then near the bottom of the window below the tiles you should see a down arrow in a circle.  Please click on the arrow, then scroll over and look for the Canon Utilities section and click on the icon for the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.  

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

View solution in original post

Yes, it worked.  I had to do the settings on the touch pad again (even though it said it was pointed to the computer), and then it worked like a charm.  Thanks so much for your help!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Ramona
Authority

Hi GlassHalfFull,

To launch the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX from Windows 8.1, from the Windows Start screen you can just start typing "IJ" to bring up the Search window, then in the drop-down section above the text field, select "Everywhere" and continue typing "Network Scanner Selector EX" until you see the program show up as an option to click on.  Once you click on "IJ Network Scanner Selector EX", it should launch the program.

Another method you could use would be to go to the Windows Start screen, then near the bottom of the window below the tiles you should see a down arrow in a circle.  Please click on the arrow, then scroll over and look for the Canon Utilities section and click on the icon for the IJ Network Scanner Selector EX.  

Hope this helps!

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Yes, it worked.  I had to do the settings on the touch pad again (even though it said it was pointed to the computer), and then it worked like a charm.  Thanks so much for your help!

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements