cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG6120 problems with printing envelopes

Skyraider65
Apprentice

We've owned our MG6120 for years, and it's always worked fine when we printed all of our Christmas letter envelopes. We have all the addresses in one word (2010) file, one page per envelope, and we feed the envelopes from the rear tray. This has always worked, most recently last Christmas when we were running Windows 7.

Now we're running WIndows 10, and suddenly it isn't working. We'll place the envelopes in the rear tray, kick off several envelopes of printing, and that's where things go wrong. It feeds the envelope all the way out, then flashes an error that the paper has jammed. We can get it to work, sometimes, by printing one page at a time, but it's even money whether it will print right or do the paper feed/jam thing again.

I thought my drivers might be out of date, so I downloaded the latest driver fom the canon website, the V1.05 MP Driver dated 07/22/ 2015. I turned off the printer, uninstalled the drivers, installed the new drivers, then reconnected the printer to the network. It didn't make any difference, it's still doing the same thing. I tried opening the document from a different computer, and it does the same thing.

I've looked at the printer properties in Word (2010) and can't find a single thing that might account for this. The paper size is correct, and I'm at a loss.

Normal document printing, from the cassette, works fine, as have single-envelope printing in previous months.

Has anyone run into this in the past and has any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Skyraider65,

It would appear as though there is a problem with the paper feed mechanism of your PIXMA MG6120.  It is recommended that you contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements