cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5751Error 1410 and 1660Cartridges twice new installed

Dragongiraffe
Apprentice

I get error codes saying that the magenta and big black cartridge are not recognised. They are brand nes, I even changed them again, to no avail.

i can't access the printer menus as the screen does not go away at all. Re start, pressing every button there is, still displaying the error code only, no access to anything else. I get 2 different error codes, 1660 and 1420. 

Can anyone please help me ?

thank you

Anja

4 REPLIES 4

proche
Apprentice

I have a pixma ip8720.  Error 1410 comes up that ink tank is not recognized.  The light is on for each of the tanks.  I have replaced them anyway.  The error continues.  The printer is less than 1 year old and I can not get through on the Canon support line.  HELP!

Welcome to the Canon Forums!

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature,click HERE to visit your My Canon Account to discover your personalized support options.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

I have been using the same brand of ink for over a year.  Recently, I got the 1410 error code saying the printer did not recognize the large black ink tank (250xl PGBK).  I have replaced the tank with new tanks and even tried a tank from another supplier.  No luck.  I even tried doing a "hard reset" of the printer per instuctions from a Youtube video.  No luck.  

I have not tried calling Canon yet.  They will probably tell me they can't provide support since the ink is not theirs.

Canon disconnected me on the phone.  More than once.  My husband offered to look at it.  He started it up and there was no problem.  It went away.  If you have a spouse, have that person turn it on.  They will think you are nuts, which might be the printer's goal in the first place.  Thanks for responding.

Announcements