cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5750 Printing blank pages

equesport
Apprentice

I have just bought an MG5750 printer (this morning) & installed as per instructions using the CD.   When I try to print a document it just throws out a blank sheet of paper and the print queue just shows the document as 'printing' but never does.  If I leave it then it throws up an error message because the printer has taken too long. The only way to clear the print queue is to delete the document from the list. There is a permanent message on the printer screen saying 'Processing ... please wait momentarily'. During which it sounds like it is just repeatedly cleaning the heads.

Copying a document is fine. It just won't print any documents.  Printer shows 'online' via wifi (Laptop & printer are close to the router). I've also tried intalling the printer using a cable with the same result. 

I've uninstalled the printer and reinstalled it but with no effect. Printing from a smartphone using Canon Print app also won't work, the printer screen says 'Printing' then changes to 'Processing ... please wait momentarily' - forever!

I've bought this printer to work over wifi with a laptop and smartphone & it does neither!

1 REPLY 1

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi equesport,

I would start troubleshooting by printing a network settings page from the printer. This prints directly from the printer so you wont have to worry about any processing or time out errors. Please click HERE for the steps.

Once the network settings print, please let us know what the signal strength is. I also recommend trying to see if you can access the printers remote user interface. You would need to open a web browser on your computer, and in the address bar, please type the IP Address on the configuration page into the address bar. Next, tap Go or Enter to access the page. Are you able to see the printer's remote interface?

We look forward to your reply.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements