cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5750 Pixmar Printer wont print black on Office documents but does print black on PDF => solution

grahambaker21
Apprentice

Hi

Overnight my printer stopped printing black on Microsoft documents. The Ink was fine (ie not run out) and the same documents saved as a PDF would print fine but black would not print on Outlook or Notepad. Canon Printer Test page also worked fine. So what's changed and whats gone wrong?

I have a Toshiba dynabook running Windows10.

I tried changing both black cassettes on the printer - no change.

I installed the Canon printer security patch and reinstalled the printer driver then an update for Dynabook software update appeared (oh my is this the root caue of the problem?). I installed the Dynabook update and after a restart everything started to print again.

So I can't truely identify the the solution to the prolem but the old and new Canon drivers NOW print black so I suspect the need for the security patch or (but even more so) I suspect the Laptop update was neededfor everything to work.

Hope this might help a few people thrown into turmoil with a printer that was otherwise working well that suddenly stoped printing black. I have looked at lots of posts and folk have wasted a lot of ink in testing aligment and blocked nossels. If the test page is fine and you can save as a PDF and print fine so it looks like a microsoft issue check your laptop software system and whether it needs an update.

Kind regards

Graham

1 REPLY 1

Porcha
Rising Star

Hi,

Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry!

We appreciate your participation, however, we need to let you know that the Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, to go: https://global.canon and select your country or region for your support needs.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements