cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5750 'Load Paper' msg when there is plenty in the stack

splinternet
Apprentice

I have a new MG5750 and have loaded paper into the cassette keeping within the guidelines of the user manual:

• Do not load sheets of paper higher than the load limit mark (D).
  • Keep the paper stack height below the tabs (E) of the paper guides.

These guidelines allow for about 100 sheets of A4 80gsm - even then, there is a small gap between the top of the stack and the tab of the paper guide.  With this stack, a printhead alignment page was successfuly printed, also a test page from each of two PC's which I've connected to the printer.   So all looks ok.  Except....if I now try to use the printer (either from the PC or using the copy function) it throws up the 'Load Paper' message (thinking the stack is empty) and won't print.   By trial and error, I have determined that the stack has to be no more than 60 pages to prevent this condition.  The top of this 60-page stack is obviously even further below the guide tab, and well short of the 100 pages that the printer specs say you can load.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I should point out I'm on my second MG5750 - I bought the first one two weeks ago and returned it to the shop yesterday for a replacement - so it seems to me this problem is either a design flaw in the MG5750 or the shop has received a bad batch.

2 REPLIES 2

Tiffany

Hi Splinternet,

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA.  The Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

Hello Tiffany,  I followed the link, selected country, etc... but it doesn't take me to a Community Forum.  Is there not one for those who live outside the US?

Announcements