cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5721 - Printed Scanned Document too Large

Jerry3
Contributor

I use Canon MG5721 and Windows 10.  When using U Scan Utility for Auto or Scan Gear, the scanned document on my computer shows the full, complete page of the scanned document although the font size is too small to read.

When I print the document, the top and bottom of the document are not printed and the font size is too large.

What can I do to have the printed document print in its entirety and be of normal font size?

Thanks,

Jerry

2 REPLIES 2

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

What might be happening.

You are scanning in portrait and printing in landscape

or 

The setting you or using for scale is not correct for the document size you are scanning

or

the printable area is not set correctly. 

I suspect however its has to do with orientation or scale. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Hello Rick –

Sorry for the delay.  I did not receive an email that you responded.  And, I did not know how to find my original post or your reply.  I finally put my topic in the Search bar and found it.

Anyway, you mention three suggestions:

1. You are scanning in portrait and printing in landscape.”  My printer is set for Letter Size printing.

2 “The setting you or using for scale is not correct for the document size you are scanning.”  I think I checked that option and could not find a setting that allowed me to change the scale for the document I was scanning which is a newspaper article.

3. “the printable area is not set correctly.”  I did find a setting on the printer that allows me to reduce or magnify  

the printed document.  Using that option would solve my problem.

However, I did use another option.  There is a scan option called Documents which I discovered is done in PDF.  When using that option, the font size of the printed document was normal and of the correct size.

So, I think I am okay now.

However, if you can tell me how I can find my posts without using a Search option, I would appreciate your comments.

Thanks,

Jerry

Announcements