cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5700 on Mac prints fine wireless but won't detect scanner

myasumura
Apprentice

I've installed the most up to date drivers, and Canon software.

But whether I try to access the scanner via Image Capture on Mac or the Cannon IJ software I get the following errors.

Please HELP as I feel like I've made the wrong choice in buying a Canon product now... 
Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.48.09 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.32.21 PM.png

5 REPLIES 5

Danny

Hi, myasumura!

So that the Community can help you better, we need to know exactly which version of macOS your computer is running. That, and any other details you'd like to give will help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is a time-sensitive matter, click HERE search our knowledge base or find additional support options HERE.

Thanks and have a great day!

In addition, knowing how the device is connected... (USB or Wireless) might also be helpful.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Currently on MacOS Catalina, Version 10.15.1

Connected Wirelessly atm and prints fine.

Contemplaing whether I should get a cable or not, but the whole reason I got this model was that it should be able to conenct wirelessly. 

Greetings,

Was this device installed and functioning under Mojave OS (then upgraded), or was it installed under Catalina straight away?

For simplicity and to take control, I recommend installing printers as a TCP/IP device.  Using a static IP removess much of the problems associated with a "moving target" on your network.

Once done, open a web browser and enter the IP address of your printer.  Does the Scan option work there?

All printer functions (including scanning) should be available, over a cable or cableless connection.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It was installed under Catalina right away.

Will try to dedicated IP address, thanks

Announcements