cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5650 Orange alarm light on, not flashing, no error displayed.

Seiree
Apprentice

Hello, I would like to ask assistance with a problem my brand new MG5650 printer is having. I managed to correctly print a test page after setting it up and then followed the instructions to turn it off. The next day I tried printing something and the orange alarm light turned on when I pressed the power button.

The power button also stays on, but the LCD display doesn't turn on and it doesn't show any error. The printer doesn't make any powering up sounds either. 

I tried plugging it into all the different outlets in my house thinking that might be the problem to no avail. 

At one point it did turn on and I managed to print that one document, but now it's doing it again and I can't find anybody else with this error. 

I would aprieciate some help with it before returning it to the store.

Thank you.

27 REPLIES 27

neferupitto
Apprentice

Just want to share what methods works on mine:

Method 1:

1. Unplug power cable
2. Hold power button
3. Plug power cable
4. Unhold power button
5. Press power button

Method 2:

1. Unplug power cable
2. Wait for 1 hour
3. Use other power outlet to plug the power cable

jedgarf
Apprentice

how to fix may canon mg5240 alarm light turn orange steady, but no power

None of the suggestions on here worked for me. So I found my own solution by trial and error
① Turn off printer
② turn on the printer with power button and WiFi button held down.

③ release all buttons at once.

Printer bursts into life.

Just to clarify my symptoms were:
No power light lit

Orange lamp lit not flashing.

No matter how many times I turned it on printer was dead.

Hope this fix works for you also

@Koshington wrote:

None of the suggestions on here worked for me. So I found my own solution by trial and error
① Turn off printer
② turn on the printer with power button and WiFi button held down.

③ release all buttons at once. 

Registered just to say thanks - this worked for me too.

Canon IP8760, had left it unplugged from power for a long time, when I went to turn it on the Orange LED was lit, not flashing, and pressing the power did nothing.

Pressing Wifi and Power buttons while connecting power cable, then releasing both buttons, then pressing the power button once allowed it to fire up again. It has forgotten its wifi connection but I can reconfigure that...

the power button is all that fixed it for you guys, that Wifi button? its not a button lol its nothing more than an LED.

Kalico
Apprentice

Well, I have to say that I'll never buy anything from Canon ever again.   Nor will my company.  What a ridiculous situation that a machine that loses power will not then power up again.  Ever!

None of the suggestions here work, so effectively my printer is land-fill.  I am naturally rather unhappy about that, given there was nothing wrong with it.  it just lost power for goodness sake.

Agreed!  Finally (after months) received an e-mail response to my error stating that canon do not support my model in the U.S. 😳  Never ever again will I buy ANY canon products!!! 

James_C

Welcome to The Canon Forums!

We appreciate your participation, though we need to let you know that your product MG5650 appears to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. While the community is welcome to chime in, the Canon Community Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for and used within the US market.

If you live outside the United States, please click HERE and select your country to find support in your part of the world.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements