cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5550 paper jam

iuliacristina
Apprentice

I have a very(and new) annoying problem with my Canon MG5550 that has always caused issues. When I try to print something, anything, the feed is starting and when the paper reaches the roller that turns it to the printing side, it jams on the right side and I can only remove the paper from the back of the printer. I tried cleaning the rollers, I opened the back side I opened the panel on the bottom of the printer, tried different types of paper, tried smaller photo paper, nothing seems to work. Upon closer inspection, the rollers seem fine, they're not torn or anything. I searched for a possible object that may jam things up but everythings looks normal. To make the situation even more frustrating, the service is not even where it should be, according to the Canon website. I am stuck with a non functioning printer and not even a service center where I can take it to repair it. What do you think I should do? Can I repair it myself?

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi iuliacristina,

If you are still experiencing the paper feed issue, please contact one of Canon's Technical Support Representatives. To contact a Technical Support Representative, please use the link below:

http://Canon.us/ContactLI

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements