cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5520 difficulties - Installed great, worked great UNTIL.....

blkeeney
Apprentice

This printer installed perfectly on my new Dell laptop running windows 8.1

Printed with it for several weeks wirelessly, no problem.

Never turned off the printer.

Then was going on a trip so turned off the printer. Came back two weeks later, turned on the printer, and it does not work.

Send a file to the printer.....get an error message that the printer is not responding.

deleted the printer, uninstalled all software.

Went through the entire install process again......printer cannot be detected by network.

I've always loved my canon printers.....but this one is NOT fun!!

If there is any help available I'd really appreciate it.

[Moderator note: removed email per the FORUM GUIDELINES to protect your privacy]

Thanks much,

Brenda

4 REPLIES 4

Ramona
Authority

Hi bikeeney,

To try and get the printer detected by the network, please temporarily disable any antivirus or firewall software that is on your computer, then reinstall the printer.  We also recommend disabling the Wireless LAN DRX and IPv6 setting of the printer by following the steps here prior to reinstalling the printer.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us using one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

grizmo62
Apprentice

a bit different for me, but same model printer, same error.

I connect via USB.

Windows 7

Have had this printer oh for a year or so, maybe longer.

Recently started getting the printer not responding error.

I've removed the device from the computer, reconnected, all drivers reinstalled, but the same error persists.

merrymary247
Rising Star
Has there been any changes to your network? You might want to print out a LAN details page to check the printer's network connection.

http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1011&PARTITION_ID=1&secu...

Make sure it says Wireless LAN: enabled, Connection: Active, SSID: (your network name, should match the network the computer is connected to), Signal Strength: 75% or higher, IPV4 IP Address: (this should have a number here)

Does everything there look ok?

Connection: Inactive

Signal Strength:  0%

IPv4 IP Address:

I'm remembering now, lol, that we replaced the modem and that the Network name has changed to 2WIRE246 where it was 2WIRE039.

I did not think that would affect the LAN(USB connection), i certainly do understand how it affects the Wireless LAN.

I did try from my laptop wirelessly, which does go through Bluetooth and the new network name, and it still did not work.

So........i connected to the new network, and it printed right away.

Smiley Happy 

Announcements