cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5520 New Computer - How do I scan to it?

kaelynski
Apprentice

Hello! I have a Pixma MG5520. I had set it to scan to an HP laptop, but that computer is old now, and I have a MacBook Pro running High Sierra 10.13. I couldn't figure out how to set the printer to scan to my new computer.

I downloaded the scanner and ICA drivers, along with the Canon IJ Network Tool Ver.4.7.2 (Mac) and MP Navigator EX Ver. 4.0.6 (Mac). But when I open the settings on the IJ Network tool, my printer doesn't show up in the dropdown list (even though it is connected through wi-fi to the same network and is connected as my default and only printer.) The list is completely empty. When I try to use the operation panel on the scanner, it still shows that it wants to scan to my old computer.

How does this work? What do I need to do to connect this so I can scan to the new device?

Thanks!

Kaelyn

1 REPLY 1

Patrick
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi kaelynski,

Please open the IJ Scan Utility on your computer and attempt to scan using that application.

If it is not installed on your computer, it is available for download here:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/printers/inkjet-multifunction/mg-s...

When you attempt to scan using the IJ Scan Utility, do you get an error?  If so, what error appears?

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements