cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5420 won't print blacks

IStech
Apprentice

Our MG5420 is no longer printing using at least one of the black cartridges but is unaware that there is a problem
and just prints blank for that part of the image. I've tried nozzle cleanings, replacement headers, several
ink cartridge replacements.

I've attached a nozzel check pattern for your reference. The first image is after several nozzle cleanings and the 2nd is the

next day where black just refuses to work at all on a 2nd new catridge. New Doc 2019-06-11 09.50.07_1.jpg

New Doc 2019-06-11 09.50.07_1.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

ArthurJ
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi IStech,

Could you please  take a picture of your ink cartridges and attach it to you next reply. 

We look forward to your reply.

Here you go, thanks for the help. What are you looking for? 20190619_152825.jpg.20190619_152859.jpg20190619_152829.jpg

Hi IStech,

Everything looks good with the cartridge. Next, I recommend reseating the print head, please click HERE for the steps.

If that does not resolve the issue the printer would need to be replaced since the printer was retired in 2018 and service is no longer available.

You do qualify for the Canon Upgrade Program.

This is for out of warranty units which have been diagnosed to require service or are incompatible with a new or upgraded system. This program allows you the opportunity to purchase a replacement product discounted from the list price. Free ground shipping is included with your purchase.

If you would like to take advantage of this offer, please call our Sales Department at (866) 443-8002 seven days a week, 8 AM to midnight EST. Let them know you have been working with technical support and that the Canon Upgrade Program was offered.

Announcements