cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5420 displays jam message; no jam is visible

nacking
Apprentice

Purchased the printer <1 year ago. No problems until today.

My wife tried to use the printer to print 5x3 index cards from the upper tray. The machine spat out two index cards (simultaneously) and subsequently reported a jam:

Support Code=1311

Paper is jammed in the cassette (upper).

Remove the paper from the following locations and tap [OK].

- Paper output slot
- Transport unit on the rear side
See the manual for details.

As far as I can tell, there's nothing left to clear. I've taken the paper and index cards out of the trays, opened up the backside panel (removing and then re-inserting the transport unit), and checked the interior of the machine.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Ramona
Authority

Hi nacking,

Since you have already verified that the jammed index cards have been removed and that there are no other obstructions oin the printer, performing a roller cleaning on the printer may resolve the error.  To perform a roller cleaning, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MG5420 Performing a Roller Cleaning

If performing at least three roller cleanings on the unit does not resolve the error, the printer will require servicing.  Please Contact Us for your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have the same problem. How do I clear the Error Screen so that I can do the Roller Cleaning?

Hi loriapotter,

To try and clear the error screen, please turn off the printer, unplug the power cord from the back and leave it out for at least 10 minutes, then plug it back in and turn it back on.  If the error does not display, you can attempt to perform the roller cleaning; if the error reappears, the roller cleaning will not be able to be performed and the printer will require servicing.  Please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page to obtain your servicing options.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements