cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5420 Printer with Error Message 2500

kfell1085
Apprentice

When I did an auto head alignment, I got an error code 2500.  I am working from home and really need my printer to be up and running.  Can anyone help me with this problem?

1 REPLY 1

Darius
Whiz

Hi kfell108.

For the 2500 error code, try the following:

• Check the vents on top of each ink (near the end of the labels). Ensure the brightly colored packaging has been removed, and the vents are unobstructed.
  • Print head nozzles are clogged. Press the OK button to dismiss the error, and print the nozzle check pattern to check the status of the print head.

• Paper of size other than A4 or Letter is loaded in the cassette (lower). Press the OK button to dismiss the error, then load a sheet of A4/Letter-sized plain paper with the printing side (whiter side) facing UP.

• The paper output slot is exposed to strong light. Press the OK button to dismiss the error, and then adjust your operating environment and/or the position of the machine so that the paper output slot is not exposed directly to strong light.

• If the printer recently experienced a paper jam, and printing had become skewed or streaked, check and, if necessary, gently clean the timing strip with a few dry cotton swabs.

• Turn off the machine and perform Print Head Deep Cleaning after 24 hours.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements