cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5320: FFC (flat ribbon) cable to scanning unit is torn and needs to be replaced

muttley
Apprentice

Hey - any help would be much appreciated here. I was closing my scanning unit on my MG5320 and accidentally ripped the cable that is threaded through the hinge (to the scanning unit) and is connected into the mainboard through the connection slot labeled J1100. I am having the most DIFFICULT time trying to ID the cable and where to buy a replacement. The ribbon cable is labeled with the following:

Sumitomo-G AWM 2896 80C VW-1 --F--

The length of the cable is roughly 20 inches long (~500mm) and is either 20-22 pin (hard to count the pins).

If anyone could help me identify the cable (i.e, what to search for) or where I can find a replacement, I'd be very thankful. I have searched high and low (including ebay and Amazon), but finding the exact cable is proving impossible so far.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

muttley
Apprentice

Would anyone know where I might be able to purchase this ribbon, please? I have a paperweight at the moment, and I would like to be able to spend a few dollars to fix it, rather than having to buy another printer alltogether.

Thanks

Hello.

If there is visible damage to a component of the printer, this would have to be addressed by our support group.  Please  use the "Contact Us" link below to reach the support group.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements