cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5240 offline

laryk
Apprentice

My desktop tells me that my MG5240 wifi printer/scaner is offline but its not. I have to reboot desktop everytime I want to print.

7 REPLIES 7

Stephen

Hi laryk!
So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know any error messages you're getting, and the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows XP/Vista/7/8 or Mac 10.x). Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue! Thanks and have a great day!

Thank you for your answer.

My OS is Windows 8 Pro 64-bit and I use WiFi connection.

I see only the Windows message "Printer is offline" when send a job to my printer. The Canon is also offline in "Devices and Printers".

The only "solution" is reboot my desktop PC, but this is very inconvenient for me.

Is there another solution?

P.S.

I configured printer to use the fixed IP address.

And I can visit the printer's "Network Configuration" HTTP page, but the printer is still offline.

Michael
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello laryk.

Uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers should resolve this issue.  Please perform the following:

1.  Open the Control Panel from your Desktop or Start Menu.

2.  Open Programs and Features.

3.  Uninstall the MG5400/MP Drivers and the Canon IJ Network Tool.

4.  Close all windows that are open.

Once this has been done, please visit the following link to download and reinstall the MG5400 series Mini Master Setup.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/printers_multifunction/photo_all_in_one_inkjet_print....

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

That Mini Master Setup is for MG5400 series and can not find my MG5240 printer.

Unfortunately I can not find the similar one for 5200 series.

I found MG5240 software on the local Canon Russia site, however there is no "Mini Master Setup".

Reinstalling the MP drivers did not fix the problem Cat Sad

Hi laryk!
Welcome to The Canon Forums, and thank you for your inquiry! We appreciate your participation, however we need to let you know that your product seems to be a model that is not supported by our team here at Canon USA. The Canon Forum is hosted and moderated within the United States by Canon USA. We are only able to provide support for Canon products manufactured for the US market. If you live outside the United States, please click here and select your country or region for your support needs. Feel free to discuss Canon products sold outside of the United States, but please be aware that you will not receive support directly from Canon USA.

kiwihans
Apprentice

I have been having similar problems.  In my room, I work with a desktop pc and my wife a notebook pc in another room.   We have a wireless network but have both been having problems with our MG5240 in wireless mode.   We keep getting messages "printer offline".

The printer and desktop pc are both in my room.  I got so fed up with the printer that I decided to connect it by cable.  This instantly fixed the offline problem!   The printer now reports: "ready".   My wife's system (on her notebook) now also reports "ready" and is now able to send print jobs by wireless to the printer - thanks to my pc making the printer "ready"

Now this system works very well - except when I turn my desktop pc off.   Then it is impossible to take the printer and get rid of the "offline" system.   Now I don't think there is anything wrong with my wireless setup here.  Its just that you need one pc to be connected by cable to enable the other pc to work by wireless network.

Come on Canon, come up with a better printer driver that sets the printer to "ready"  (yes I did load the latest drivers)

Thanks for sharing a workaround.

My local support (Ukrainian) suggested me to contact Microsoft about MS WiFi drivers. Very good!

And now they expect that  I will purchase a Canon device again??!

Announcements