cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG5220 won't feed from bottom tray

GunnerV
Apprentice

My  MG5220 is giving me an out of paper message when trying to print, even though there is plenty of paper in the tray.  I can hear some clicking like the machine is trying to feed, but the rollers aren't turning.  Feeds from the rear fine.  Any way to change out the feed gears for the bottom tray without disassembling the entire unit?

6 REPLIES 6

kaylakelley
Apprentice

i am having this same exact issue! did you figure out how to fix? even in settings i chose bottom tray aned still nothing

Ramona
Authority

Hi GunnerV and kaylakelley,

Performing a roller cleaning on the printer may resolve the paper feed issue.  To do this, please follow the steps located at the link below:

PIXMA MG5220 Roller Cleaning

If the printer still does not feed paper from the cassette tray, please reply with what paper type you have selected on your computer, as well as any error message you are receiving and we will be happy to look into it further.

This didn't answer your question or issue? Find more help at Contact Us.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

I have this problem - I went through the roller cleanin a couple of days ago and was able to print.  I tried to print something this morning and I am gett the same message "There is no paper.  Load paper and press OK."

Hi ahwy54,

With a flashlight or other bright light, please check the paper feed areas of the printer and verify that there are no obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.  Next, please also ensure that the paper size and type selected in the printer driver and application that you are printing from match the paper loaded in the printer.  If you still experience difficulty, please call or email us at one of the methods on the Contact Us page for further assistance.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Paper 96bright 20lb
Performed roller cleaning instructions from upper tray. Still not feeding from the lower tray.

kc71
Apprentice
I need to know what is causing the problem and how to fix it.
National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements