10-14-2020 01:21 PM
Reinstalling will resolve this issue. To do this, please disconnect the USB cable and follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key on your keyboard and the letter R, then let both go.
2. In the Run window, please type CONTROL PANEL and click OK.
3. Click on View devices and printers (or Devices and printers, depending on your view).
4. Right click the Canon MG5200 series and left click on Remove device. Repeat until all MG5200's are removed.
5. In the upper left corner, click on Control Panel (or the Back button).
6. In Control Panel, click on Uninstall a program (or Programs and features, depending on your view).
7. Click once on "Canon MG5200 series MP Drivers" and then click Uninstall at the top.
8. Follow the on screen prompts to uninstall the driver. When you click Complete, the driver is uninstalled.
9. Once done, please reboot your computer.
When your computer restarts, we will reinstall:
1. Please use the following link:
2. Click the Select button next to "MG5200 series MP Driver Ver. 1.05".
3. Click the Download button. The drivers will download.
4. Once the download is complete, open your downloads folder. To access this, press CTRL and J, then let both go.
5. Double click "mp68-win-mg5200-1_05-ejs.exe" to begin the installation.
6. Follow the on screen prompts to reinstall, reconnecting the USB cable when prompted.
Once the installation has completed, please attempt to scan.