cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MG3620 won't print settings

compata
Contributor

Following manual instructions (page 145), press WIFI until ON flashes, the press WIFI again. Printer seems to print two pages but both are completely blank. Printing from my web browser works fine. Printer is connected by USB.

3 REPLIES 3

compata
Contributor

Printing settings per the manual should be, I think, an entirely local process, completely independent of anything the attached computer can do. That said, I wonder, is there some printer setting to cause the foreground color to be white?

JayC1
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Compata. I see that you are trying to print out the network information by holding down the Wi-Fi button until the power lamp blinks and then pressing the Wi-Fi button again. The printer will use the ink from the black cartridge to print out that information. If the pages are coming out blank, then the nozzles for the black cartridge may be clogged or the black cartridge may be out of ink.

To troubleshoot this issue, I recommend that you check the ink lamps on the printer. If the orange lamp below the Wi-Fi button is turned on (or blinking), that means the black cartridge is low on ink (out). You should consider replacing it since the ink is not coming out of the nozzles.

If the black ink lamp below the Wi-Fi button is not turned on, please take the black cartridge out and make sure that the bright (neon) orange tape has been removed from the bottom of the cartridge. You can click HERE to see an illustration of the tape that needs to be removed. If there is no, tape, I recommend printing a nozzle check pattern.

Before you print a nozzle check pattern, please make sure that you have plain letter-size paper loaded in the printer's cassette tray. Then, click HERE and follow the instructions in the article that opens. When the sheet prints, please click HERE to see a sample of a good pattern.

If the BK pattern is missing from the page, you can perform a cleaning. If that doesn’t help, you should wait four hours and do a deep cleaning. Instructions for cleaning the nozzles can be found HERE. After you do the cleanings, you can print a nozzle check pattern to see if the BK ink reappears. You can do up to 3 deep cleanings (4 hours apart).

You will be able to print out the network information once the BK (black) ink returns to the pattern. If the BK ink is not coming out after 3 deep cleanings, the nozzles may be too dry to unclog. Replacing the black cartridge is recommended at that point.

I hope this information helps.

Thank you, JayC1. However, as I wrote at the beginning, other printing (including from my browser) works fine. All colors, including black, are printed correctly. Only the settings page comes out blank. Your information was not helpful.

Announcements